Each Member agrees on joining SPASA to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
1. To hold inviolate the concepts of free enterprise and unselfish service to the public.
2. To operate at all times in a manner that will enhance the reputation of the swimming pool and spa industry in its local community and across the nation.
3. To make the largest contribution possible to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, and to comply with all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
4. To support all efforts to improve swimming pool and spa products and service, and to encourage research and the development of new materials and methods.
5. To advertise and sell the merits of products and service and refrain from making unwarranted criticism of competitors or reflecting unfairly on their products, service or methods of doing business.
6. To advertise only bona fide prices and products and to refrain from using innuendos in advertising and selling that may cause our customers to be misled.
7. To ensure we reveal all material facts, to avoid accusations of concealment of information.
8. To co-operate and assist wherever possible all levels of Government in connection with their dealings with the swimming pool and spa industry.
9. To fulfill all contractual obligations. To offer a reasonable warranty on products and service and to perform on such warranty, either written or implied, when and where justifiable claims are in order, and to do so promptly.
10. To take no action or make any statement that may be construed to prejudice a pre-existing contract for the construction or supply of goods or services pertaining to the swimming pool and spa industry.
11 To act fairly and properly at all times towards fellow members of SPASA and, when a member is called upon to advise, consult, rectify or otherwise take any action in relation to products, services or works provided, to carry out such works, actions, or advice on behalf of the consumer in a professional and unbiased manner.